Thursday, October 8, 2009

Essay Real - Whats in a Name ?


Wonder where he got the name Essay Real from? Well I asked him & this is what he had to say...
My name when i first started rapping was JaeSwift. No Reason, No pseudonym, just a name someone gave me. Three years ago i filed to get my stuff copyrighten, name was already taken ....
From there I decided to come up with something that would describe me and my music. I came up with the name Sareal (Surreal) spelled differently. Witch had a meaning of "something you wouldn't think would ever happen, happens" witch i thought was wonderful, nope already taken as well. From there the dissecting part came.
Sareal = The Letter S , the letter A ...
those two letters pronounced together sounds like "Essay"
Essay - represents the lyrics, what i write down ..the lyrical essay...
and the second part is "Real"
Real- represents the music
...so "Essay" representing the lyrics and "Real' representing the music
basically a pseudonym for something disguised that I wanted to use but couldn't because of copyrights witch was "Sareal" witch is still involved with the alias overall, just stretched to be presented another way.
Letter "S" Letter "A" - Real = ESSAY REAL
Hope I described okay....

No comments:

Post a Comment